Friday, October 2, 2009

Any Day Now...

This week has been interesting in regards to my pregnancy. On Mon (regular appt) everything seemed to be fine and we were really just monitoring my amniotic fluid level. We even went ahead and "scheduled" my c-section for 37 weeks as a "just in case" I actually get there.

Then Tuesday there was bleeding and cramping so of course I had to go in. It was discovered that the length of my cervix was disappearing quickly, which probably caused the bleeding and a UTI was the culprit of the bulk of the contractions.

Wed, short of crowning I don't think I'd of been willing to call her office, lol.

Yesterday I had my next regular appointment. My fluid was higher (Thank Heavens) but there was nothing left of my cervix to measure. The doc & I discussed my concerns about how far away we live from the hospital and how scared to death I was of having that cerclage rip my cervix on its way out. YUCK!

So she removed the cerclage. Let me just say, "OUCH!" Oh that was some kind of painful. I'd been hoping to get to a scheduled c-section so they could take it out in the OR when I wouldn't feel it, lol. The moment she removed it I was dilated to 3 & 80% effaced.

She had me go over to L&D for monitoring to make sure I wasn't having any contractions before I could go home. Thankfully none and home we went.

So now we wait. I take it easy & stay on all my meds...and wait.

Could be today, tomorrow, a week from now or even 2 weeks from now. It's anybody's guess.

Although I do feel incredibly lucky and I really practically love my doctor. She has assured me that even if she's not on call, she'll come in for me. YAY!

No comments: