Saturday, November 8, 2008

Super Shopping Saturday!

Poor Hubby. He really doesn't like these days too much, lol. He appreciates the savings from couponing, just not the journey.

Since we live in BFE (the middle of nowhere) it's forced me to get organized and plan ahead. That means some Saturdays are devoted to driving to the nearest suburb (45 minutes) and getting things done. I can do some of those things on Mondays or Tuesdays when I take Little Man into the city for his therapies but some errands are just a pain when lugging around 2 small children. That category would include the "quick trips." Places that I literally need to run in and grab just a couple of things.

Of course even with all of this planning I still forget things sometimes...like my $5/$25 for CVS this weekend! I couldn't believe I forgot it. So I improvised.

Today I did well enough I need to post it. =0)
**********************
Stop 1: CVS

  • 2 Pampers - used 2 $1.50 MQ & $12.95 ECB = $4.38 on GC, total OOP: $0
  • Total Saved: $19.93 & have a $5 ECB for later. (I've not been too impressed with CVS deals lately so I'm not worried about having big amounts of ECBs)

Stop 2: Walgreens

  • 4 Wags Diapers - used $2 Wags Q & $5 RR = $5.39 on GC, total OOP: $0
  • Total Saved: $22.98

Stop 3: Petco (Yes, you're right in thinking...they don't have pets...I did this for a friend because I didn't have time to mail her the Q's before the sale ended.)

  • 3 Science Diet Dog Food - used 3 $5 IP = $0
  • Total Saved: $41.97

Stop 4: HEB (Just about the only place I'll buy formula)

  • 2 25oz HEB Formula - used 2 $10 HEB Q = $5.98
  • Total Saved: $20

Stop 5: Kroger (I did 3 transactions because of limits & Mail in Rebates)

  • 10 Carnation Evaporated Milk
  • 6 powerade
  • 3 glade oil candle refils
  • 2 glade candles
  • 2 Peter Pan Peanut Butter (MIR)
  • 3 3liter Ozarka (So I know how much to drink every day & WOW!)
  • 1 Dial Hand Soap
  • 2 Hefty One Zips
  • 4 Betty Crocker boxed Potatoes
  • 2 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix
  • 1 Palmolive Dish Soap (MIR)
  • 1 Desitin
  • 1 Alka Selzer
  • 1 Sour Cream
  • 1 Gallon Milk
  • 1 Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffin Mix
  • 1 Peanut Butter Crackers

I cannot remember specifically which coupons I used but almost every single item had one plus I used the $4 CAT for the Glade on one of the transactions. After the store sale & coupons my total for all 3 transactions was $21.79 & my total Saved was $63.16. I also have MIRs worth $7.50.


That makes my daily total spent OOP: $27.77
Total Saved today: $168.04
If you include the $ put on GC instead of cash it would be $ $177.81

Not a bad haul at all!

No comments: