Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Names I'll never forget

Jennifer Ertman & Elizabeth Pena

Fox News Story

More details of what happened to them but with a warning: it's not for the weak.

I remember this story all too well. The girls went to my HS (which I was to start that fall) so it's not like I knew them (even though I had friends that did). However, their bodies were found VERY close to someplace I would often times ride my bike at. I very much remember them planting the tree at the HS in their honor that fall.

I think we all have that moment that we must realize we aren't invincible and this was it for me. We all watch the news growing up and hear about the bad things that happen but the younger you are the less likely you are to be capable of grasping the reality of those things. This was just one of those moments in my life where reality set in. The brutality the girls endured and death. Gruesome reality that hit close to home.

My heart goes out to the families.

No comments: