Thursday, August 7, 2008

I still Coupon

After being teased I took down the couple of blogs that dealt with my coupon obsession. However, a few folks have asked why and so I am here to tell you my obsession with couponing has not died.

Instead I will be proud that I am keeping our money in the bank instead of spending it. (Who am I kidding? You haven't seen our medical bills, lol.) I digress....I will happily allow the manufacturers to pay my grocery bills and you can too.

I have figured out the formula game. If you live in Texas and you buy your infant formula, my suggestion is HEB. I do use the Enfamil $5 formula checks for the Gentlease but if you aren't picky you can get the HEB brand for next to nothing all day long. And let's face it, most of the formula is the same because it's regulated. I'm stocking up on the HEB brand for when Peanut is a little bit older. I don't believe for a second that he'll need the Gentlease for his entire first year.

How does it work? It goes something like this.

Buy a can of HEB brand formula = $7.99 At the end of the transaction you'll receive a coupon for either $10 off the big can or a FREE small can.

Every single time you buy a can and use one of those coupons, it spits out the OTHER coupon. I've been doing this for 2 months. I'm probably going to cry the first time it doesn't work, lol.

I will also spit out coupons for Carnation Good Start Formula.

Tonight I bought 4 cans of formula: 1 Good Start, 1 Enfamil Gentlease, 1 Small can HEB, 1 Large Can HEB and paid just under $20 for all 4. I saved $30.

No comments: