Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Savings Continue

The last post was getting long so I'm breaking it up.

Kellogg's had their $10 MIR form come out on Sun so many places are putting Kellogg's products on sale this week. Kroger's Mega Deal, which ended Tues, produced a few great transactions for me including 10 boxes of Nutrigrain bars that were CHEAP. Not bad and at the rate with which Little Man goes through them I can never actually have too many, lol.

So tonight at Walgreens I did their Kellogg's deal. I bought 4 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of pop tarts & 2 boxes of cheez-it crackers. I also bought a small handful of school supplies & some of the Glade scented oil candle refills along with one Glade candle.

My receipt says I spent $18.95 OOP and saved $30.11. I also got 2 $5 RR (coupons to spend on your next order) and a $10 MIR to complete along with $4.40 in WAGS rebates coming to me.

So after all the rebates I will have profited $5.45 from this transaction. I'm happy with that.
******************

I screwed up at CVS in a major way tonight. Hubby & the cashier had a good giggle at my expense. However, when I came home and did the math I didn't do nearly as poorly as I thought. Now if CVS would just stock the products they advertise we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. :)

I got about $70 worth of stuff (toothpastes & toothbrushes, detergents, dish soaps, make-up and other goodies) and paid almost $20 on gift card. I left with $6 and some change in my pocket along with $12 in ECBs and a $1.50 MIR. That's basically a break even there. I got the gift cards by transferring prescriptions. Last week there was a coupon in our flyers here for a $30 GC when you transfer a prescription. I transferred 3 so I made a profit of $60 on that.
******************

Tomorrow is going to be LOTS of fun. We aren't going to be here for Diva's birthday party since we're leaving town that day. So instead we're taking the kids to Pump It Up again and after that we'll take them to Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate her fourth birthday. Oh I'm sure we'll have lots of pics tomorrow...if I remember to charge my camera battery tonight.............

No comments: