Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

I don't like the media today. I really don 't. 24 hour news channels find themselves digging for something to call news and get hung up on things too easily.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's horribly sad that MJ is dead at 50 & I can't imagine what his children are going through, but still. I don't understand why the media decided to cover this NON-STOP until the wee hours of the morning.

No, seriously. As I crawled into bed last night between 10-11 many channels were STILL covering it as non-stop news. My problem with this is that it's not really an unfolding story. He's dead. He's 50. He's survived by 3 children. It's believed he suffered cardiac arrest. But for now that's ALL the info there is!!!! How many millions of times can you repeat the same info in an hour? I'm not exactly sure but the news outlets might have hit a record yesterday.

All I could think last night was that there has GOT to be something else going on in the world. And poor Farrah Fawcet's family...not a mention of her death once MJ was taken to the hospital.

Instead of shootin' from the hip they could put together a nice tribute special and air it instead.

I just don't understand why they covered nothing but that one story all night.

Yes it's sad. Yes it's tragic, sudden, unexpected. I don't mind being kept up to date on what's going on, but did it require 8+ hours of non-stop coverage? No.

Just My Opinion & Rant for the morning.

No comments: