Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a Day!

Well we did make it here to New Hampshire today. Most of the 'drama' was of the amusing kind.

Things like our taking bets on how long it would take Peanut to start screaming on a plane. (I won!) Things like the only pull up I had left that ended up in the toilet at the airport in Cleveland. Watching poor Little Man do the potty dance for what felt like forever while waiting to get off that airplane in Cleveland. Hubby's "happy child at Christmas" routine when he realized it was in deed a Tahoe that we were renting.

I can only imagine what we must have looked like with each of us pushing a child in a stroller and lugging 2 car seat bags, one large suitcase, a laptop bag with TWO laptops in it, the portable DVD bag, diaper bag, Little Man's Elmo backpack, & another bag that had nothing but snacks for the week in it. Yes, we know how to travel light! :)

At least we're old pros with airport security even though it's still a PIA.

I think we've sworn off flying for a while. Also still a PIA. Maybe when the kids are older but UGH on how much it takes to get from point A to point B. Then there was the issue of where we flew into (Providence). We typically opt for the straight through flight. Somehow we ended up with a connecting flight but the only thing I can remember about booking this travel was that it had SOMETHING to do with cost & schedule.

Let me just say, I live in the wrong place for summer! At home it's been up near 100 for the past week it seems. Yes, that's well above normal for us there this time of year. We were talking to the man driving the shuttle for the car rental from the airport when we mentioned how great it feels outside. He informed us that they are getting irritated here because it's been more cool & wet up here lately. They are ready for summer. I am thankful their summer has not yet arrived!

We are sleeping with the hotel window open tonight and I'm pretty sure I'll have to close it before I go crawl in bed.

On the other hand, I have ZERO desire to ever live in a winter wonderland again. NONE. Not to say I wouldn't, just that I don't care to.

Now since I have rambled on & on, I leave you with the icing on our cake this evening (because I have a couple of 'bad' stories that I can't even tell here. I'd get Hubby in TOO MUCH trouble) ...Shortly before bedtime tonight, I discovered that Peanut has scarlet fever. Great.

Good News: No fever, he seems to be fine so we'll call his pedi in the a.m. & have her call in something up here.

And a recap for those who don't remember when Little Man had it a couple of summers ago (ironically shortly AFTER visiting NH) Scarlet Fever needs a name change so that people will stop thinking about how things were 100 years ago. It's just strep folks. It's a rash that is caused by toxins released with the strep. If you're sensitive to the toxins, you get the rash. There are lots of forms of strep.

OH: One last thing before I go; it took Peanut about 2 seconds to start screaming when we got on the plane. Almost like he was claustrophobic or something. He did calm down & take a good nap on the plane. He actually did really well on both flights & gave us limited trouble.

No comments: